Southwest Weekend of Witness
Tucson and Fort Huachuca, Arizona
(In Solidarity with the Annual SOA Watch Vigil & Action at Ft. Benning)
November 17-18, 2007
In Tucson on Saturday November 17th
9am - 4pm, "Teach-in" against Torture on Saturday during the day at the Downtown Campus of Pima Community College
(NW corner of Stone Avenue and Speedway Blvd.)
4pm - 6pm, Sign-Making Workshop @ Southside Presbyterian Church, 317 W 23rd St, Tucson, AZ 85713:
create signs for Saturday evening witness and Sunday demonstration.
6pm - 8:30pm, Screening of Ghosts of Abu Ghraib @ Southside Presbyterian Church, 317 W 23rd St, Tucson, AZ 85713
8:30pm, Walk to Federal Building - Witness through the Night
At Fort Huachuca Sunday November 18th
11am - 3pm, Ft. Huachuca demonstration in Sierra Vista, AZ, corner of Buffalo Soldiers Trail and Fry Blvd (1 and a half hours from Tucson)
Details and updates online at
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
- Calfifornia fire still burning, call for help
- Mohawk Nation News: Great Law and the Handsome Lak...
- New Documentary on Navajo Long Walk
- Bolivia: Declaration of World Encounter of Indigen...
- Decoding language, insurgents, gambling and war cr...
- International Indian Treaty Council seeks UN inter...
- Global Green Indigenous Film Festival in New Mexic...
- Mohawk Nation News 'Who's Sorry Now?'
- Texas migrant prisons, free the children!
- Illinois: Unidentified boy to be buried
- Concerned Navajos: 'NO' to $100 million gambling l...
- 'Rez Bluez' returns to Aboriginal TV
- Hats off to Texas! Tribute to Texas activists, not...
- Phoenix Symphony: Navajo enemy slayer
- Indigenous Peoples Border Summit of the Americas I...
- Alaska Native Movement Film Festival
- Canada refuses entry to respected women anti-war a...
- Arm chair journalism, parasite reporters and edito...
- US Torture on Trial, Tucson, October 17, 2007
- Recent articles on human rights
- Festival Sin Frontera/Without Borders Film Festiva...
- Tucson, with the Ghosts of Abu Ghraib, Nov. 17 -18...
- ▼ October (22)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith