This is a benefit for rent for the Youth Media Center/Infoshop!
We also have new books, more Zapatista Coffee & Honey and More!
Ahee' hee', Klee Benally
Winter Stories of the Southwest
Jones Benally will share Dine' Winter Stories of the Southwest
Tonight at 5:30pm at the Taala Hooghan - Youth Media Arts Center/Infoshop - located at 1926 N. 4th St. in Flagstaff, AZ. (Near Hunan East)
This is a benefit for the community sustained space.
When: Saturday, December 15th at 5:30pm
Where: Taala Hooghan (Youth Media Arts Center/Infoshop) located at 1926 N. 4th St. in Flagstaff, AZ.
How much: $3- 5 children under 12 Free
Additional Events Coming up in December:
Dec. 16th – Community Craft Fair! 12-6pm - Email email@example.com!
Dec. 18th – Children's Movie Night! "Fern Gully" - 5:30pm
Dec. 25th - Vegan/Vegetarian Potluck - 6pm
Dec. 26th - Banner Making Party! 5:00pm
Kyle's Tea Party every Friday 6:00pm - Bring a Dessert!
Wednesday's Art Attack! 5pm
Know Your Rights Week!
17th - Mon – Workshop/Teach-in on Knowing your Rights! 5:30pm - Free!
18th - Tues – Film & Discussion - 7:30pm - Free!
19th - Wed - 'Zine Making Workshop - 5:30pm - Free!
20th - Thurs - Parent discussion on youth involvement and activism - 6:00pm
21th - Friday – Action! (to be announced)
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
- Yucca Mountain Deadline approaches, Jan. 10, 2008
- Lakota Freedom Delegation is news around the world...
- Priests, lock down, in the hole, for protesting US...
- Help Alex and Deb White Plume build a new home
- Mohawk Warriors support Lakotas' withdrawl from US...
- Atlantic Free Press: When Internet news become dan...
- Desert Rock: Dirty power plant deal keeps getting ...
- Mohawk Nation News: 'Red Ops' spies ousted in Algo...
- Mohawk Nation News: Sinister coverup at Chalk Rive...
- International Migrants Day, Scathing report on US ...
- Protesters enter Hutto prison with toys for childr...
- NCAI urges Senate probe of US banned pesticides im...
- In honor of Floyd Westerman, photos by Hopi photog...
- Navajo councilmen meet in Las Vegas on power plant...
- Winters Stories of the Southwest, Dec. 15, 2007
- The Gang Rape of our Borderlands
- Next Generation of Indigenous Youths Attend Climat...
- Navajo and Mohawk disappointed with climate talks,...
- Lakota Freedom Delegation to Withdraw from Treatie...
- Ninth Circuit hears defense of Sacred Peaks
- Navajo and Mohawk in Bali challenge World Bank car...
- New security guards oppress at Texas border hearin...
- Longest Walk 2008 Route
- Nuclear 'Three Stooges' on Algonquin land
- Free the children of Hutto prison Dec. 16, 2007
- Big Noise Films: Shouting out the truth on Jena, d...
- 'Vigilant Ones,' Navajo group opposes line of cred...
- Indigenous Peoples barred from UN Climate Negotiat...
- Mohawks: US flogging old Washington mule in Latin ...
- Military wives' blogs forced shut down by Canadian...
- Indigenous Peoples speak out on racism and oppress...
- ▼ December (31)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. email@example.com
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith