October 22, 2010, FORGOTTEN PEOPLE ANNOUNCES TRUST CLAIMS TO TWIN ARROWS CASINO: The Forgotten People, an association of survivors of the inhumane Navajo-Hopi Land Dispute, announce today that they are filing a “lis pendens” notice of claim on the Twin Arrows Parcel to be used for construction of the new Twin Arrows Casino with the Coconino County Clerk and Recorder and submitting a notice of claim to the President and Attorney General of the Navajo Nation at the same time.
Please check out the link:
10 22 10 Lis Pendens and Notice Announcement.doc - https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1ZJFt096JLRmjt0ngGuJW8Edy-bjerXOXHIzzUHPDSPo&hl=en
Scanned Signed Notice of Lis Pendens & Notice of Suit.pdf - https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0Bw2-15QqDXkTNzY1NjZiNzEtNjc3NC00OWM5LWE2ODgtYTE4ZmEzYTdmYmM0&hl=en
Don Yellowman, President
Marsha Monestersky, Program Director
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- TUCSON Community Viewing 9th Circuit Oral Argument...
- Roberto Rodriguez: Arizona: A Time and Decade of B...
- Forgotten People file Trust Claims to Twin Arrows ...
- American Indian Film Fest Award Nominees 2010
- Joanne Shenandoah, Nov. 16, 2010
- Suppressed Report Confirms Global Violations by Ca...
- Bringing Cochabamba to Cancun: Climate Justice Act...
- Navajo Water Rights: Human Rights Commission Resol...
- LISTEN: Indigenous Politics Radio: Mapuche Hunger ...
- Arizona Updates: Hate, Censorship, Columbus Day an...
- LOS ANGELES Red Nation Film Festival
- Censored News Congratulates Hopi Teens for Radio A...
- Gathering to protect Glen Cove, Oct. 16, 2010
- Roberto Rodriguez: Columbus Day Trial for Defender...
- El Acuero de los Pueblos va a Cancun
- Dooda (NO) Desert Rock: EPA decision vindicates Do...
- Proposed Navajo Water Rights Settlement (Document)...
- Voting Record: Navajo Council tables water rights ...
- Cynthia McKinney: Bike4Peace Reaches DC and Beyond...
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith