OLD COLONIAL TRICK DRAGGED OUT AGAIN -
FAR RIGHT TRIES TO TAKE OVER SHARBOT
Mohawk Nation News
Sept. 5, 2007. Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s
Christian coalition has marched into Sharbot Lake to
protect their investment. He thinks that the smoke
that billows out his eyes and ears will get the
Conservatives elected in Ontario on October 10th.
Will he say something like what former Conservative
Ontario Premier Mike Harris said about Ipperwash,
“Get those fucking Indians out of the park” to end
the resistance of the Algonquins at Sharbot Lake?
Or will he be more polite?
You can be sure the “Christian Peacemakers Team”
are not there for religious purposes or to convert
the savages. As in the past and as in the present,
it’s all about money. As usual, they are hiding
behind the bible and their flock of cops wearing
their “St. Michael” medallions around their skinny
little necks. Such misguided people need all the
protection they can muster.
Harper is away in Australia trying to get all those
uranium tailings back to Canada so MREL can
continue to make those “dirty bombs” for U.S.
puppeteer, George Bush. Bill Bauer of MREL
got chased out of Algonquin land and has found
another location to do his dirty work.
This tactic is a repeat of the old colonial strategy
of sending in the bible thumpers to pacify the
natives and then take over the agenda, i.e. let’s
get the mine going and start making money!
We hear them singing in the bushes, “Oh!
Happy day! We’re gonna get rid of them injuns
once and for all!”
Wouldn’t it be nice to know how many shares
the Christian coalitions have invested in
uranium mining! The Christian peacemakers –
made up of Mennonite, Quaker and Church of
Bretheren have been infiltrated by the Catholics/
Vatican. The cops are not there for peaceful
reasons. They and the Peacemakers came with
military issue satellite phones with an unlimited
calling card. What else has been issued for this
The Peacemakers are headed by Jim Loney, the
famous international hostage who was “saved”
from a near death experience in Iraq where he
was on a pacification mission. Because of his
notoriety, no doubt, the corporate media will be
flocking to Sharbot Lake to interview him. Doesn’t
this look a bit like a setup to take over the agenda
there? Why isn’t Loney there anonymously if he
is so sincere about helping the Algonquins?
It looks like the Peacemakers are being escorted by
MELT, the Major Events Liaison Team, a new “hit
squad” of the Ontario Provincial Police. Does this
mean we are being taken seriously as we are now
considered a “major event” in their lives?
Brian Heslip, of MELT, bragged he learned a lot at
Ipperwash, Six Nations and Grenada . He has gone
to “Aboriginal sensitivity” school even though he
does not appear to have developed any sensitivity
to Algonquin sovereignty over their land.
Heslip was wearing regulation white T-shirt, crisply
pressed blue jeans and sneakers, trying to look like
a regular guy. He pointed out that the warriors
wearing camo and bandanas intimidated him.
He said that his OPP “higher ups” [and he looked
upward into the sky in reverence when he said this]
wanted him to take down all license numbers of cars
coming into the area. He told the Algonquins that
he did not want to do that. However, he will monitor
the arrival of any “radicals”, or “violent types” who
might want to come to Sharbot Lake to defend the
Does this mean he will be monitoring the OPP, the
army and any of his armed colleagues who would
be the only violent characters coming into the area?
The defenders come only in peace.
Heslip wanted to set up hidden surveillance cameras
and mikes up in the trees across the road to watch
and listen to the birds coming in and out of the gate.
The Algonquins and the birds said “no way!”
The Christian Peacemakers were eased out of
Ipperwash. They went there to “plant a garden”
for the Indians. Nobody remembers them being at
Six Nations who frown upon anyone wearing black
robes, especially judges.
September 6, 1995 is the night of the invasion of
the Indigenous unsurrendered land at Ipperwash
when Dudley George was murdered by OPP sniper,
Kenneth Deane. A communiqué has been sent to
the PM that reminds him of this historic invasion
and warns, “if there is any blood shed or assault of
any of our people for standing up for our birthrights
and land rights at Sharbot Lake , there will be
recourse here at Six Nations. We have a right to
protect our existence”.
Back on April 19th 2006 at 4:00 pm. the OPP had
met with the Chiefs and Clan Mothers at Six Nations.
The OPP promised they would not come in during
the dark, that they would give sufficient notice for
all women and children to leave safely and they
would not harm anyone. Without warning, twelve
hours later they raided the encampment.
One Six Nations woman who was there at the time
recalled that just prior to that the OPP were trying
to get close to the Indigenous people. Her 17 year
old son had just died and two OPP showed up at
the front line with a blanket and an eagle feather.
As she put it, she told them where to shove it. Two
days later the same OPP were part of the big raid of
the site in the early hours of the morning. They beat
up the women, elders, children and men. These same
two OPP were some of the most brutal during the raid.
They helped kidnap some of our people and put them
into their colonial jail system.
So much for OPP promises. Remember that our
colonial opponents have two faces and two tongues.
They tell you one thing out of one side of their face
and another from the other side. If they really want to
keep the peace the way they say they do, then they
should just butt out and stay away. They don’t need
to help corporate interests like Frontenac Ventures
violate the law.
MNN Mohawk Nation News
See: " Sharbot Lake "
New MNN Books Available Now!
Mohawk Warriors Three - The Trial of Lasagna, Noriega, 20/20$20.00 usd
Where Eagles Dare to Soar - Indians, Politics & Aids$20.00 usd
The Agonizing Death of "Colonialism" and "Federal Indian Law" in Kaianere'ko:wa/Great Law Territory
Who's Sorry Now? The good, the bad and the unapologetic Mohawks of Kanehsatake
The books below, email us:
Rebuilding the Iroquois ConfederacyKaroniaktajeh$10 usd
Warriors Hand BookKaroniaktajeh$10 usd
Mail checks and money orders to...
MNNP.O. Box 991Kahnawake , QC J0L 1B0
Purchase t-shirts, mugs and more at our CafePress Store
Subscribe to MNN for breaking news updates
Sign Women Title Holders petition!
Link to MNN
Get the code and banners to link to Mohawk Nation News.
Make a contribution to our newsgroup.
Secure your online transaction with PayPal®.
Speaking & Contemorary Native Issues Workshops
Please forward this email to a friend.
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
- Evo Morales, Bolivian style outshines US puppet go...
- Mohawks: Haudenosaunee women are decision makers o...
- Navajos urged to oppose uranium mining Thursday in...
- American Indians in Venezuela build solidarity in ...
- Katrina's Flood: Apartheid and ethnic cleansing in...
- The Other Jena Story: Wackenhut rapes and prison t...
- Nike Opportunism: Turning Native plight into profit?
- Puerto Penasco: Border Peoples' Conference, altern...
- Flagstaff: Native Film Festival October, 2007
- Hopi Reggae: Casper at Blue Water
- Big Mountain: Bulldozed Sun Dance Grounds, the res...
- Taser me down or suffocate me later
- American Indians in Venezuela build solidarity in ...
- Priests face prison to expose torture -- A call to...
- Mohawk 'membership,' genocide and the Great Law of...
- Censorship: Only the media knows
- Texas: Protest children, tent and migrant prisons
- Subcomandante Marcos statement on upcoming campaig...
- Prisoners argue constitutionality of US criminal code
- Zapatistas under attack, suspend plans in southern...
- Denver: Halt Columbus legacy, March Oct. 6, 2007
- Search continues for missing women on Tohono O'odh...
- Navajo tribal grassrooots groups call for referendum
- Attorney Peter Schey takes on Sanctuary case
- Mohawk Nation News: Arrest of Six Nations Defenders
- Mohawks walk in support of Six Nations
- Chris Spotted Eagle's Indian Uprising Radio
- Native Movement Alaska attracts youth leadership
- International Indian Treaty Council celebrates pas...
- Alcatraz Sunrise Ceremony Oct. 8, 2007 poster
- Mohawks: Indigenous Sage 'Red X' escapes from Guan...
- Priest facing prison opposing torture faces anothe...
- A step forward for Indigenous Peoples at the Unite...
- Double standard and injustice against the Navajo p...
- Alcatraz Sunrise Ceremony Oct. 8, 2007
- Corporate greed, the fuel that runs the American s...
- No More Deaths hero donates award money to Chiapas
- Brownsville, Texas, NO BORDER WALL, Sept. 29, 2007
- Five thugs attack two Six Nations youths
- Intense global dialogue results from UN Indigenous...
- Mohawks: 'Hot Rocks' at Sharbot Lake
- Arctic ice melt opens Northwest Passage
- Native film festival Oct 5 - 6, 2007
- NGOs: Indigenous Declaration affirms self determin...
- Tauli-Corpuz: Indigenous Declaration is living doc...
- Les Malezer: Indigneous declaration framework for ...
- North America: Indigenous celebrate passage Declar...
- Canada AFN Chief applauds passage UN Declaration R...
- Arctic Inuit and Saami celebrate passage UN Declar...
- Pacific Caucus celebrates Indigenous Rights Declar...
- Asia: Victory on Declaration of Indigenous Rights
- Africa celebrates passage of Indigenous Rights Dec...
- US 'martial law exercise' Oct. 15 - 20, 2007
- Photos: Truth and justice, Sept. 11 in Tucson
- Big Noise Films, back from Iraq
- Saamis celebrate adoption of UN Indigenous Rights ...
- Spy towers on Tohono O'odham land map
- Spy tower 1 on Tohono O'odham tribal land
- Spy tower 2 on Tohono O'odham tribal land
- Borderlands Theater award winning 'Dust Eaters' Oc...
- United Nations set to adopt native rights declaration
- 'Split em up' Strategy at Sharbot Lake
- No Borders Camp in Calexico/Mexicali
- Media Alert: Declaration on the Rights of Indigeno...
- Agreement reached on Declaration on the Rights of ...
- Far right tires takeover at Sharbot Lake
- Fundraiser for border poet Byrd Baylor's medical e...
- COUNTERPOINT: Friends of Leonard Peltier respond t...
- ▼ September (68)
Censored News Blog Radio
Donate to Censored News
. Censored News is free of advertising and has no sponsors.
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith