For Immediate Release
Rob Disney, Sierra Club, NV: (202) 415-5166
Lori Goodman, Diné CARE, NM: (970) 759-1908
Michele Burkett, Defend Our Deserts, NV (801) 557-8823
Mike Eisenfeld, San Juan Citizens Alliance, NM (505) 360-8994
Media Advisory for Tuesday, December 15, 2009 – 8:00 AM Eastern
Groups Gather at Blackstone to Protest
Proposed Coal Plants
SANTA: ‘Stephen Schwarzman Gets Coal in His Stocking’
Santa Claus and his elves will be out in front of the headquarters of the Blackstone Group to give CEO Stephen Schwarzman lumps of coal.
A PRESS CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD AT 10:00 AM, SAME LOCATION. INCLUDES LIVE TWEETING @BLACKSTONECOAL.
Stephen Schwarzman has been a very bad boy! The Blackstone Group owns 80% of Sithe Global, Inc. and is financing three large dirty coal burning power plants: Desert Rock on the Navajo Nation, Toquop Energy Station in Nevada, and the River Hill project in Pennsylvania. Investing in dirty outdated coal is foolish. Groups from communities who oppose these plants will deliver this message directly to Stephen Schwarzman in front of his building. www.noblackstonecoal.org
WHO: Activists with Diné CARE and San Juan Citizens Alliance from New Mexico, Defend Our Deserts from Nevada, and Sierra Club members from Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and New York.
WHEN: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 8:00 – 10:00 AM, Eastern
WHERE: On the street in front of Blackstone Group Headquarters, 345 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154.
VISUALS: Activists dressed in Santa and Elf suits holding larger banners and handing out coal and postcards.
Other Information Sources:
SOCIAL MEDIA INFORMATION:
Follow @blackstonecoal on Twitter: Live updates on the event & press conference!
Twitter hashtags: #blackstone #climatechange #coal #coalash #energy #nocoal,
Short Films: Community Battles to Stop Blackstone Coal Plants:
Four Corners in the Crosshairs
Nevada Fights for Clean Energy
Blackstone Coal Blackstone Group Coal
Coal ash Coal plant Energy
150 S. 600 E. Suite 2B
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- People's Declaration from Copenhagen
- Hada'a Sidi to Fight Peabody Western Lease Amendment
- Phoenix: Community Indictment against Sheriff Arpaio
- Peltier: Ben Carnes and Warrior Film in LA
- One West Bank Demands Tribe Vacate Tribal Property
- Rodriquez: 'Blessed are the Warmakers'
- Protest Blackstone/Sithe in NY on Dec. 15, 2009
- American Indian Airwaves: Cobell case and Bolivia'...
- Ruling out the Nuclear Option -- Not Clean or Green
- The Peoples Climate March, Ben Powless Photos
- Forgotten People: Cobell settlement overlooks US b...
- Indigenous Peoples in Copenhagen Concerned About REDD
- Arctic Drilling Approved Without Consideration for...
- Censored News Dec. 6, 2009
- 12-year-old helps document migrants' plight
- Federal Judge Threatens Border Volunteer with Impr...
- EPA withdraws permit for Black Mesa coal mine
- Crow Creek setting up Tipis: IRS plans to sell land
- Mohawk Splitting the Sky: Citizen's arrest of Bush...
- Notebooks for Gaza
- US seeks to criminalize water for the dying
- Rodriquez: Western Civilization: To be or Not to be
- EPA petitioned to cap carbon dioxide
- ▼ December (23)
- ► 2008 (285)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. email@example.com
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith