From: Indigenous Action
Group to Protest Animal Testing at NAU!
JOIN THE DEMONSTRATION!
When: Monday, Nov. 5th at 10:30 am
Where: Biology Annex (21B) at NAU Campus
Animal Rights NOW! is holding a demonstration to protest the animal testing facility on campus. Members of ARN! have tried to contact employees of the facility, but they have ignored our requests for information and refuse to meet with us. Though NAU has said that students' tuition does not go directly to animal testing (they like to call it "using animals for research"), our dollars DO go to pay for equipment, chemicals, and the salaries of these "scientists." Yesterday, after NAU found out about the demonstration, a faculty member contacted the boss of an ARN! member and told them that this individual was a threat to the university and should be fired (they also expressed that these views are shared with president Haeger). They are upping security at the Annex and said that police will be present at the demonstration. We are asking for as many people to come out and show their support for ARN!, and to show NAU that we DEMAND answers. They refuse to meet with us or talk to us- what are they hiding?
We are meeting at 10:30; there will be a group meeting on the east side of Wall Aquatic (it is along Franklin), and another group meeting by the entrance of the Wettaw building (north campus). From there, we will head to the Biology Annex (21B). We will have banners and signs
For more information, contact Animal Rights NOW! at http://us.f520.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=animalrightsNOWnau@gmail.com
http://www.indigenousaction.org/ - Independent Indigenous Media
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
- Challenge to uranium mining, poisoning water, on L...
- Border wall plans ignore environmental justice rul...
- Weekend in Solidarity with Political Prisoners
- Action alert: Western Shoshone's Sacred Mount Tena...
- NCAI joins NAGPRA Coalition in opposition to Berke...
- Free the imprisoned migrant children of Hutto Texa...
- Amazon Indians versus Big Oil, Greg Palast investi...
- Mohawk Nation News: Ecclesiastical tyranny, coloni...
- Final Report from Indigenous Border Summit 2007
- Violent arrests at Berkeley prayer vigil
- On Big Warm Creek, Living as a Free People
- Photo Lenny Foster sings for Leonard Peltier's fre...
- Blackfire Rocks San Francisco Nov. 13 - 15, 2007
- MNN Blackballs Indian Affairs
- Indigenous Action: Protest animal testing at NAU i...
- Big Noise Films: Jena 6 narrated by Mumia Abu Jama...
- NAGPRA Coalition: Berkeley Museum shows arrogance ...
- ▼ November (17)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith