Lenny Foster, Navajo, sings for freedom for Leonard Peltier at the Indigenous Peoples' Border Sumit of the Americas. Summit organizer Mike Flores, Tohono O'odham, holds the microphone. Photo Brenda Norrell
Read articles from the Indigenous Peoples' Border Summit of the Americas 2007:
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
- Challenge to uranium mining, poisoning water, on L...
- Border wall plans ignore environmental justice rul...
- Weekend in Solidarity with Political Prisoners
- Action alert: Western Shoshone's Sacred Mount Tena...
- NCAI joins NAGPRA Coalition in opposition to Berke...
- Free the imprisoned migrant children of Hutto Texa...
- Amazon Indians versus Big Oil, Greg Palast investi...
- Mohawk Nation News: Ecclesiastical tyranny, coloni...
- Final Report from Indigenous Border Summit 2007
- Violent arrests at Berkeley prayer vigil
- On Big Warm Creek, Living as a Free People
- Photo Lenny Foster sings for Leonard Peltier's fre...
- Blackfire Rocks San Francisco Nov. 13 - 15, 2007
- MNN Blackballs Indian Affairs
- Indigenous Action: Protest animal testing at NAU i...
- Big Noise Films: Jena 6 narrated by Mumia Abu Jama...
- NAGPRA Coalition: Berkeley Museum shows arrogance ...
- ▼ November (17)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith