From Kevin Annett
SEX CRIMES and THE VATICAN - 2006 Documentary
[go to link to view trailers of the film]
This BBC video in four parts is excellent. It has subtitles in Italian, but the soundtrack narration is all in English. It connects the current Pope's control over the system for “managing” the priest abuse scandal with the Church's policy of hiding, protecting, and thereby aiding child sex abusers. In a shocking revelation, the BBC discovered that eight American sex fugitives are living in Rome near the Vatican, on the Church's tab! There are interview with victims of priest abuse, their family members, and a former Church lawyer who “changed sides.” An Arizona prosecutor who put eight cassocked pedophiles in prison, former Phoenix DA Rick Romley, states in Part 4 of the video:
The secrecy, the obstruction that I saw during my investigation was unparallelled in my entire career here as a prosecutor in Phoenix, Arizona. It was so difficult to obtain any information from the Church at all. In fact, we knew of certain meetings that had taken place, and yet no documentation was ever produced to be able to show that that meeting had even occurred. You know, when we started looking at it, it was really interesting. We came across in the Canons for the Church there are supposed to be secret archives where this information is to be kept, and not given to the civil authorities, no matter what the circumstances. There was an instruction from the Nunzio, because of his ambassador status, to shift all of this incriminating information to him, because under the law we could not subpoena that information from him, because of his ambassador status. I think that is really the story — the Church's failure to acknowledge such a problem, but not just a passiveness, it was in an openly obstructive way of not allowing civil authorities to stop the abuse within the Church. They fought us every step of the way.
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- Detained in Oaxaca: Human Rights Violations
- Emergency in Dakotas: Take Action Today!
- Red Nation Film Festival Winners 2010
- False Flag Attack Foiled
- Let Us Prey: A Tale of Two Clergymen
- Lawsuit to Protect Endangered Species from Pestici...
- Venezuela cancels Haiti debt; CITGO ships 120 tons...
- Haiti is Bleeding… so too is Afghanistan, Iraq & t...
- BBC VIDEO: Sex Crimes and the Vatican
- International Criminal Court: Complaint filed agai...
- Canadian Customs Wants Your Laptop
- Homeland Security Harass Haiti Relief Delegates
- Prisoner Abuse at Lewisburg Penintentiary
- Diabetes and mercury poisoning at Grassy Narrows
- Israel reveals fears of human rights activists, in...
- Kevin Annett: Eye Witnesses of Murder and Torture ...
- Ohlone People Ask San Francisco Planning Dept to F...
- Rodriguez: Huehuetlahtolli (Ancient Gudiances) re ...
- Kevin Annett: Canada's police involved in sex crim...
- Flagstaff Media Workshop: Uranium & Me
- Judge denies Crow Creek Sioux restraining order ag...
- Survivors of Canadian Residential Schools Plan Civ...
- Lehman Brightman 'Bureau of Caucasian Affairs'
- Traditional Food Safety: A message from Hank Aqqui...
- American Indian Airwaves: Indigenous Rights
- Roberto Rodriguez: Decade of Fraud, Fear, Hate and...
- Protest BIA in Sacramento: Halt eviction of Miwoks...
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith