ONLINE ACTION FOR PINE RIDGE RESERVATION TODAY
FROM AUTUMN TWOBULLS:
Friends, Relative and supports of the Lakota Nations- Support us in this efforts to bring change. Show your support and callShare
Today at 12:36
To all my Relations, friends and supporters:
I have been told that your area news and the National news will not carry the story for my people unless and until CNN carries it. Each day someone has told me they have gone to CNN on Facebook, their website, or called into report our story, since the 12/20/09 State of Emergency was issued.
I am asking that we all come together TODAY, Friday, January 29th, 2010 at 6pm Atlantic; 5pm Eastern time, 4pm Central, etc. pick up your phone and call the direct line to the CNN News Room at 404-827-2658. Someone needs to post here all phone numbers into CNN. We want to inundate CNN with the voices of people who care and you must be relentless in your call. At the same time we want you to handle an email campaign listed below.
When you call, they will try to attempt to move your call to a computerized public info line.
First - tell them what state you are calling from and your name. Then ask them, When are you going to be reporting on the situation of the American Indians of North and South Dakota?
Second, do not let them try to forward you, let them know that you know that the National Guard and the Red Cross have been called into certain Reservations.
Lastly, when you hang up, pick up the phone and call again. The people of this country needs to let CNN know that while you empathize with the situation in Haiti and we know that many of you have rightfully done as the children on Pine Ridge had been doing and collecting food and money to be sent, that you are wondering why money is leaving this country while the only reporting on the AP wires has been from within the states of North and South Dakota AP Presses.
At the same time that those of you who can afford to call CNN are calling, to those of you who can multi-task or be online, please go now to cnn . com and click on the iReport button and register. If you are on or near one of the Reservations in South & North Dakota, please upload your pictures - but wait - lets all do this together for three full hours.
Do not worry about your grammar, do not worry about your spelling, simply tell the truth of the situation from your heart.
Autumn Two Bulls
Lets Work Together!
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- Detained in Oaxaca: Human Rights Violations
- Emergency in Dakotas: Take Action Today!
- Red Nation Film Festival Winners 2010
- False Flag Attack Foiled
- Let Us Prey: A Tale of Two Clergymen
- Lawsuit to Protect Endangered Species from Pestici...
- Venezuela cancels Haiti debt; CITGO ships 120 tons...
- Haiti is Bleeding… so too is Afghanistan, Iraq & t...
- BBC VIDEO: Sex Crimes and the Vatican
- International Criminal Court: Complaint filed agai...
- Canadian Customs Wants Your Laptop
- Homeland Security Harass Haiti Relief Delegates
- Prisoner Abuse at Lewisburg Penintentiary
- Diabetes and mercury poisoning at Grassy Narrows
- Israel reveals fears of human rights activists, in...
- Kevin Annett: Eye Witnesses of Murder and Torture ...
- Ohlone People Ask San Francisco Planning Dept to F...
- Rodriguez: Huehuetlahtolli (Ancient Gudiances) re ...
- Kevin Annett: Canada's police involved in sex crim...
- Flagstaff Media Workshop: Uranium & Me
- Judge denies Crow Creek Sioux restraining order ag...
- Survivors of Canadian Residential Schools Plan Civ...
- Lehman Brightman 'Bureau of Caucasian Affairs'
- Traditional Food Safety: A message from Hank Aqqui...
- American Indian Airwaves: Indigenous Rights
- Roberto Rodriguez: Decade of Fraud, Fear, Hate and...
- Protest BIA in Sacramento: Halt eviction of Miwoks...
- ▼ January (27)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. email@example.com
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith