“WE’RE ONLY PRETENDING TO BOMB YOU MOHAWKS”, SAY CANADA’S MILITARY
Mohawk Nation News
Nov. 13, 2008. The Canadian military planted a little notice in that corporate mouthpiece, the “Belleville Intelligencer," on November 12th that they are going to do “battle simulation” at nearby Trenton Air Force Base from November 13 to 16. It’s a 20-minute drive from the Tyendinaga Mohawk community. "It's Just an Exercise" write the “Belleville Dummies”. [See article at end].
The Mohawks have ordered these aggressive thugs to back off Haudenosaunee air space!
Could this have anything to do with the Mohawks filing an injunction to stop the next attempt to deliver the “porta prison” some time this week? We were not consulted nor gave our consent according to the traditional decision-making system of our constitution, the Kaianerehkowa, Canadian and international laws.
Why "simulated emergency scenarios" right next to Tyendinaga? How do we know what’s real and not real here? ”Smoke and emergency vehicles," OPP and military police are involved. Are these little boys playing war games and using us as targets! Is the media going to be imbedded in the army vehicles pretending to go off to war? The contact is Captain Mark “Smoke-and-Mirrors-Screener” Peebles, 8 Wing Public Affairs Officer at 613-392-2811, ext. 2041 or 613-243-6358 (mobile).
It is one of the biggest air force bases in Canada. What planes, helicopters and drones will be flying over us? Will they fly at night? How far from the base? Given the military record for environmental destruction, what toxins will be in the smoke? What weapons and live ammunition will be used? Will there be bloodied or dead-looking volunteers or bodies involved? Do these dead bodies get the boys all psyched up and stimulated, for what? To get their jollies by pretending to kill innocent babies, women and men?
At the time of both the 911 attacks and the London subway bombings, there were military exercises taking place nearby. Nobody knows for sure which is which and who is who? Such exercises confuse and scare people who could freak out, have a heart attack and even react as if it’s real. The public could think this is another “pretext event” like 911. Then what happens? Why here and why now?
Amnesty International just released an open letter to Rick Bartolucci, the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services. They condemn the OPP actions at Tyendinaga during recent protests. They again call upon the Ontario government to, "Publicly affirm its support for the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) “Framework for Police Preparedness for Aboriginal Critical Incidents” and commit to ensuring that officers are held accountable for any breaches of this Framework."
Amnesty International describes how, "Julian Fantino said during cross-examination in a provincial court that the Framework is 'not a firm and fixed mandated way of doing business.'" How much "discretion" are cops taking? They point out that Fantino's remarks threatening Shawn Brant’s safety and reputation were recorded, cannot be denied and are cause for serious concern.
Ongwehonweh, watch out! We have to protect ourselves from these provocative threats by the Canadian squatter state. Carry cameras to record incidents and avoid traveling alone. We should treat this as a critical situation until we know differently.
Iako’ha:kowa & MNN Staff Mohawk Nation News www.mohawknationnews.com email@example.com
To help, please contact the Rotiskenrakete: 613-391-4055, 613-813-4053, 613-827-4991, 613-391-5132, 613-848-6968, 613-813-1017, email firstname.lastname@example.org Friends, allies and supporters: witnesses bring cameras, camcorders, food, cells, phone cards and warm clothes, especially gloves. Directions: Trans Canada Highway 401 to “Marysville Road” exit, south on #49 to #2, then turn right into the community.
Head colonial cheese at Tyendinaga: band council Mohawks of Bay of Quinte 613-396-3424 reception@mbq-tmt-org Fax 613-396-3627; Band Council Chief R. Don “Fantasizes-himself-as-the-“warden”-of-Tyendinaga-guillotine-whips-and-all” Maracle, 613-396-3089, Cell 613-391-9249 RDONM@MBQ-TMT.ORG 613-396-3424 ext. 106 email@example.com
Canada and their agents have to know that we want an: (1) immediate stop to their attacks, police brutality and trying to impose a prison on us; (2) to honor Indigenous rights and jurisdictions; (3) to support our struggle for self-determination; and (4) to get Canada and Indian Affairs out of Haudenosaunee Territory.
Go to MNN “Tyendinaga” category for more stories; New MNN Books Available now! Purchase t-shirts, mugs and more at our CafePressStore http://www.cafepress.com/mohawknews; Subscribe to MNN for breaking news updates http://.mohawknationnews.com/news/subscription.php; Sign Women Title Holders petition! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Iroquois
Donations needed: These challenges of abuses at the border require support and money. Your financial help is needed and appreciated. Please send to PayPal at www.mohawknationnews.com, or by check or money order to “MNN Mohawk Nation News”, Box 991, Kahnawake [Quebec, Canada] J0L 1B0. Nia:wen thank you very much.
Some contacts and provocateurs of our misery: Governor General GG Michaelle “Haitian-Against-the-Nation” Jean firstname.lastname@example.org; Prime Minister Stephen “Corporate-Hatchet-Man” Harper, (613) 992-4211 Fax: (613) 941-6900, Harper.S@parl.gc.ca; Peter “Electro-Magnetic-Slime-Bucket-Bully” MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister for the Atlantic Gateway, (613) 992-6022 Fax: (613) 992-2337, MacKay.P@parl.gc.ca, Constituency office (902) 863-7005 Fax: (902) 863-7006, (902) 752-0226 Fax: (902) 752-0284, (902) 885-3490 Fax: (902) 885-3179; Peter “Pumpkin-Eater-and-Trough-Licker” Van Loan, Minister of Public Safety, Constituency Office T 905-898-1600 or 1-877-738-3748, F 905-898-4600, email@example.com or VanLoan.P@parl.gc.ca, Parliament Hill Office 613-996-7752 F 613-992-8351, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mugger Chuckie “Wants-to-show-the-world-how-to-attack-Ongwehonwe-children-women-men” Strahl Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development and Federal Interlocutor for Métis and Non-Status Indians StrahC@parl.gc.ca, 819-997-0002, Fax 819-953-4941; Telephone: (613) 992-2940 Fax: (613) 944-9376;
The usual and other suspects: Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness who tell the Minister what to do and say and make the plans: Chantal “Dirty-Hands” Bernier, ADM, Chantal.email@example.com 613- 993-4325; Linda “Mouthpiece” Clairmont, ADM, 613- 991-2820; Richard “Smudged-Blouse-and-Scraped-Shoes” Wex, ADM, Policing, 613-990-2703; and Kristina “Dirty-Finger-On-the-Button” Namiesniowski, ADM, 613-949-6435.
The Governor-General directed a concerned individual to: Don “Installs-porta-potties” Head, Commissioner Correctional Service of Canada, Tel: 613-992-5891 Fax: 613-943-1630, who wants to install the “porta-prison” at Tyendinaga.
Ontario politicians: Rick “Colonel-Klink-Flunkey” Bartolucci Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Dave “Wants-to-make-prisons-profitable-by-filling-them-with-Ongwehonwe” Levac Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services firstname.lastname@example.org;
Garfield Dunlop Critic, Community Safety and Correctional Services email@example.com;
Peter Kormos Critic, Community Safety and Correctional Services firstname.lastname@example.org;
Brad “Mr.-Apartheid-F.W.deKlerk” Duguid Minister of Aboriginal Affairs email@example.com;
Jeff “I-beg-your-pardon” Leal Minister of Aboriginal Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org;
Norm Miller Critic, Aboriginal Affairs email@example.com;
Gilles Bisson Critic, Aboriginal Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org;
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Reid.S@parl.gc.ca, Harper.S@parl.gc.ca, Nicholson.R@parl.gc.ca, Day.S@parl.gc.ca, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
OPP Eastern Regional Headquarters 613-284-4500 fax 613-284-4597
L.G. “Who-Wants-to-Help-Set-Up-a-Feeder-of-Young-Offenders-into-the-Big-Pens-for-the-Old-Long-Termers” Peachey Beechey, Chief Superintendent & Commander, Eastern Region, Smiths Falls.
”It's just an exercise” Posted By Intelligencer Staff [3:30pm Wednesday November 12]
TRENTON – 8 Wing will conduct an emergency response exercise from November 13th to November 16th. The training will test the Wing’s procedures in responding to a number of simulated emergency scenarios in order to maintain and improve its ability to respond to emergencies. It will involve civilian municipal and provincial organizations.
Residents in the Quinte West region may see smoke and emergency vehicles operating in the vicinity of the base at different times of day throughout the duration of the exercise. The training is forecast to have minimal impact on local residents.
For reasons of public safety, 8 Wing encourages local residents not to linger or loiter in the vicinity of the training scenarios. Ontario Provincial Police and Military Police will provide traffic control as needed. Contact Captain Mark Peebles, 8 Wing Public Affairs Officer at 613-392-2811, ext. 2041 or 613-243-6358 (mobile)
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- Black Mesa Caravan, Harry's reflections on herding...
- Shoshone grandmothers to Barrick Gold 'This is Tre...
- Private prison abuse: Hold GEO accountable
- Listen: Shellmound Walker interview, while walking...
- Listen: Morning Star, Shellmound Walkers
- Audio Morning Star, Shellmound protest Nov. 28, 20...
- Listen to Clyde Bellecourt on Alcatraz 2008
- Dooda Desert Rock's message to Obama on coal minin...
- Yoeme Fundraiser for Rio Yaqui Children
- Human rights concerns over Napolitano pick for Hom...
- Leonard Peltier Turtle Mountain Gift Drive
- Cynthia McKinney prevented from leaving US for Syr...
- Black Mesa Water Conference April 2009
- Algonquins of Barriere Lake briefing package
- Les Algonquins du Lac Barrière organisent un autre...
- Algonquins of Barriere Lake: Taking a Sovereign St...
- IEN Conference: Mining impacts in Western Great La...
- Mohawks: Border police cause elderly deaths
- More death threats: A border press emergency
- Swinomish: Donations rolling in for Pine Ridge and...
- D-Q University Press Conference, Nov. 18, 2008
- Three halted at Fort Huachuca torture protest
- Russell Means: Twelfth Day of Snow Emergency
- Australia: Calling for a new national dialogue wit...
- Rosebud and Pine Ridge still in need of emergency ...
- Sonoma harvest and the healthiest foods in the wor...
- Native American Heritage Month: Sharing in Michiga...
- Pine Ridge blizzard emergency, 11 days later
- Pine Ridge blizzard update relief, Nov. 14, 2008
- Shellmound and Peacewalkers dinner with Winona LaD...
- NAMAPAHH Radio: Pine Ridge and Rosebud blizzard re...
- Red Heart, Red Land, Red People at Oklahoma Capito...
- Defenders of Land challenge Harper's Canada
- Navajo Water Rights: Truths and Betrayals
- Border Wall Summit, Dec. 2 -- 3, 2008, El Paso
- Incredible Records, collage
- Canada to Mohawks: 'We are only pretending to bomb...
- Incredible Records store, audio six
- Incredible Record store, audio five
- Incredible Records store, audio four
- Incredible Records store, audio three
- Incredible Record store, audio two
- Incredible Record store, audio one
- Oaxaca: Truth in media
- Calendar Intertribal Friendship House, Oakland, No...
- Calendar Intertribal Friendship House, Oakland, No...
- Amnesty International to Canada: Excessive force a...
- Winona LaDuke's home burns to the ground
- Visit El Paso Wetlands, before it is too late
- Tribute to Floyd Westerman, San Francisco 2008
- Mohawks: Spies for foreign powers forfeit birthrig...
- Tony Gonzales, AIM West, El Salvador elections
- Tony Gonzales: Welcome, AIM West 40th Anniversary
- Audio Mark: Welcome 40th Anniversary AIM West
- Audio Peggy: 40th Anniversary AIM West
- NDN News: Blizzard in South Dakota
- NAMMYs broadcast on MHZ Nov. 8, 2008
- Oglala Commemoration Committee: Traveling exhibit ...
- Red Nation Film Festival 2008
- What private prison corp GEO/Wackenhut doesn't wan...
- Mexico: The Joy and Sorrow of November 4, 2008
- Long Walkers, more photos by Janice Trytten
- Public hearing on rail transport to Yucca Mountain...
- Looking into the face, a murdered migrant youth
- 'No More Torture' events, Flagstaff, Nov. 4 -- 16,...
- Mohawks: When cops become thugs, non-lethal weapon...
- Audio: Justice and the sanctuary movement, remembe...
- Audio: Walking for migrants to San Xavier
- Audio: Walkers remember migrants at San Xavier
- Listen columnist Roberto Rodriguez walking for the...
- Listen Kat Rodriguez walking for the dead on the b...
- ▼ November (71)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith