YOEME COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
5161 W. TAROOK
TUCSON, ARIZONA 85757
Contact Person: Thomasina Jaimez , Chairwoman
Yoeme Commission on Human Rights and Alianza Indigena Sin Fronteras Fundraising Event – Raffle & Collecting, Children’s Clothing, Blankets, Toys
Yoeme Commission on Human Rights and Alianza Indigena Sin Fronteras are having a fundraiser to benefit the Rio Yaqui Sonora, Mexico Humanitarian Project "I'tom U usim Hiaki Vatwe Vetana" (Our Children from Rio Yaqui), an effort created by the Yoeme Commission on Human Rights on January 6, 2006 to celebrate El Dia De Los Santos Reyes (Day of Ephiany) with our relatives form Mexico with the primary focus on Rio Yaqui Children. Life in Rio Yaqui is very hard for our people, more so for the children. So, we decided to recognize and bring a little joy of goodwill to the children of Guasimas and Guasimitas, Sonora with gifts of candies, fruit, toys, clothing shoes, and school supplies. We also provided the parents and other adults with basic first aid kits, clothing, blankets and shoes.
The Yoeme Commission on Human Rights in partnership with the Alianza Indigena Sin Fronteras will be having a Raffle on Monday, December 15, to raise funds to support the Rio Yaqui Event and travel expenses for our trip on January 2 through January 4, 2009. Raffle tickets are already on sale. We are honored to receive work of art from local/Sonora Yaqui Artist, and a well known local Chicano Artist: Raffle Prizes & Name of Artists
• Louis David Valenzuela - wood sculptor
• Cesar Buenamea - original painting and wood burned clock
• Rio Yaqui Artist - Handmade ladies rebozos (shawls), Ladies embroidered blouses and skirts, Pascola mask
• Chicano Artist David Tineo - original painting "La Princesa"
To purchase Raffle Tickets contact: David Jaimez - 578-2399, Juan or Thomasina Jaimez - 883 – 4585, Ralph Lim - 400 – 2523
Sponsored by: Yoeme Commission on Human Rights and Alianza Indigena Sin Fronteras - two Indigenous non-profit community projects created to promote Indigenous rights locally and internationally
Censored News Special Edition
- ► 2011 (70)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- Black Mesa Caravan, Harry's reflections on herding...
- Shoshone grandmothers to Barrick Gold 'This is Tre...
- Private prison abuse: Hold GEO accountable
- Listen: Shellmound Walker interview, while walking...
- Listen: Morning Star, Shellmound Walkers
- Audio Morning Star, Shellmound protest Nov. 28, 20...
- Listen to Clyde Bellecourt on Alcatraz 2008
- Dooda Desert Rock's message to Obama on coal minin...
- Yoeme Fundraiser for Rio Yaqui Children
- Human rights concerns over Napolitano pick for Hom...
- Leonard Peltier Turtle Mountain Gift Drive
- Cynthia McKinney prevented from leaving US for Syr...
- Black Mesa Water Conference April 2009
- Algonquins of Barriere Lake briefing package
- Les Algonquins du Lac Barrière organisent un autre...
- Algonquins of Barriere Lake: Taking a Sovereign St...
- IEN Conference: Mining impacts in Western Great La...
- Mohawks: Border police cause elderly deaths
- More death threats: A border press emergency
- Swinomish: Donations rolling in for Pine Ridge and...
- D-Q University Press Conference, Nov. 18, 2008
- Three halted at Fort Huachuca torture protest
- Russell Means: Twelfth Day of Snow Emergency
- Australia: Calling for a new national dialogue wit...
- Rosebud and Pine Ridge still in need of emergency ...
- Sonoma harvest and the healthiest foods in the wor...
- Native American Heritage Month: Sharing in Michiga...
- Pine Ridge blizzard emergency, 11 days later
- Pine Ridge blizzard update relief, Nov. 14, 2008
- Shellmound and Peacewalkers dinner with Winona LaD...
- NAMAPAHH Radio: Pine Ridge and Rosebud blizzard re...
- Red Heart, Red Land, Red People at Oklahoma Capito...
- Defenders of Land challenge Harper's Canada
- Navajo Water Rights: Truths and Betrayals
- Border Wall Summit, Dec. 2 -- 3, 2008, El Paso
- Incredible Records, collage
- Canada to Mohawks: 'We are only pretending to bomb...
- Incredible Records store, audio six
- Incredible Record store, audio five
- Incredible Records store, audio four
- Incredible Records store, audio three
- Incredible Record store, audio two
- Incredible Record store, audio one
- Oaxaca: Truth in media
- Calendar Intertribal Friendship House, Oakland, No...
- Calendar Intertribal Friendship House, Oakland, No...
- Amnesty International to Canada: Excessive force a...
- Winona LaDuke's home burns to the ground
- Visit El Paso Wetlands, before it is too late
- Tribute to Floyd Westerman, San Francisco 2008
- Mohawks: Spies for foreign powers forfeit birthrig...
- Tony Gonzales, AIM West, El Salvador elections
- Tony Gonzales: Welcome, AIM West 40th Anniversary
- Audio Mark: Welcome 40th Anniversary AIM West
- Audio Peggy: 40th Anniversary AIM West
- NDN News: Blizzard in South Dakota
- NAMMYs broadcast on MHZ Nov. 8, 2008
- Oglala Commemoration Committee: Traveling exhibit ...
- Red Nation Film Festival 2008
- What private prison corp GEO/Wackenhut doesn't wan...
- Mexico: The Joy and Sorrow of November 4, 2008
- Long Walkers, more photos by Janice Trytten
- Public hearing on rail transport to Yucca Mountain...
- Looking into the face, a murdered migrant youth
- 'No More Torture' events, Flagstaff, Nov. 4 -- 16,...
- Mohawks: When cops become thugs, non-lethal weapon...
- Audio: Justice and the sanctuary movement, remembe...
- Audio: Walking for migrants to San Xavier
- Audio: Walkers remember migrants at San Xavier
- Listen columnist Roberto Rodriguez walking for the...
- Listen Kat Rodriguez walking for the dead on the b...
- ▼ November (71)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. firstname.lastname@example.org
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith